We all want our nails to grow fast and strong because they add beauty to our hands and reflects the state of your overall health. Nails like it is known are made of the same protein as that of hair called keratin. Fingernails grow faster than toenails. On average, fingernails grow about one-tenth of an
We all want our nails to grow fast and strong because they add beauty to our hands and reflects the state of your overall health.
Nails like it is known are made of the same protein as that of hair called keratin. Fingernails grow faster than toenails. On average, fingernails grow about one-tenth of an inch each month. But sometimes they grow even slower. The reason why nails grow slower might be the aging process, hormonal changes in the body, health problems, chemotherapy, medications and nutritional deficiencies. On the other hand, faster nail growth can be seen among children prior to puberty and pregnant women. SO here are three natural ways you can grow your nails faster and stronger.
1. Orange Juice: This is a remedy that can boost nail growth. Its vitamin C content encourages the production of collagen and keeps your nails healthy. Also, it has folic acid, which is essential for nail growth.
- Soak your nails in fresh orange juice for at least 10 minutes.
- Rinse them off with warm water, pat dry and apply some moisturizer.
- Follow this remedy once daily until you are satisfied with the results.
2. Lemons: Lemons contain vitamin C that is essential for nail growth. Also, it helps treat yellow nails and gives your nails a nice shine.
- Prepare a nail soak with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Slightly heat the solution in the microwave and then soak your nails in it for 10 minutes. Follow this remedy daily.
- You can also rub a slice of lemon on your nails for 5 minutes, then rinse them with warm water. Pat dry and apply a moisturizer. Do this once daily. Avoid rubbing lemon on your nails if you have any cuts or hangnails, as it may sting.
3. Olive Oil: To hasten growth, it is necessary to keep your nails well moisturized. Olive oil is known as the best when it comes to nail care. It penetrates deep into the skin and nails and helps nourish your nails. Plus, it contains vitamin E which improves circulation blood circulation, helps repair damaged nails and promotes nail strength and growth.
- Before going to bed, apply warm olive oil to your nails and cuticles and massage gently for 5 minutes. Wear cotton gloves overnight. Do this once daily.
- You can also soak your nails in warm olive oil for 15 to 30 minutes once daily to promote nail growth.
These are all simple and easy ways to grow your nails, you can try and let me know what works for you.